TICK TICK, PAY ATTENTION BEFORE OPENING YOUR DOOR! IT MIGHT NOT BE YOUR GUEST BUT SOME UNWANTED GUESTS (TICKS AND FLEAS)
Ticks and fleas are small insects that feed from your pet’s blood. Fleas are wingless insects and are less than 1/10 inches and ticks are 8 legged insects and are less than ⅕ inches. A study shows that there are 2,200 kind of fleas. The soft and fluffy skin of your dogs and cats provides the best place for these ticks and fleas to reside
Ticks and Fleas borne diseases
- Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in dogs and cats
- Lyme disease
- Tick paralysis
- Skin allergy and infections
Ticks and fleas not only affect the health of your pests but also affects human.
Tips to control Ticks and fleas infestation
- Keep your home and pet clean.
- Wash and keep your hands clean before and after the contact with an animal.
- Don’t allow the pets waste to stagnate inside your premises.
- Don’t allow children to throw mud or dirt at your pets while playing.
- Have a regular check with veterinarian to control internal paralysis.
- Don’t allow contact with street animals as they increase the chances for your pet to get infected with tick and flea borne diseases.
Ways for finding the presence of Tick and Flea infestation
- In Case of fleas presence you can find these little insects jumping, moving or dropping from your dog’s skin.
- Have a regular check on your pet’s skin and haircoat.
- Have a check on the environment as these insects not necessarily stay on your pet skin or hair but they can be found anywhere in the home.
- If your dog has fever, small bumps or does a lot of head shake there are lot of chances that it got affected with flea infestation.
- Consult a veterinarian to ensure that your pet is not affected with tick and flea infestation.
For some common FAQ regarding ticks and fleas refer the following link
Myraksha offers Tick and Flea control in Bangalore, Karnataka. We provide free inspection and come up with best solutions to control Ticks and Fleas infestation at your home. We also ensure the prevention of future Ticks and Fleas infestation at your home.